DVSA launches ‘Earned Recognition’ scheme to the transport industry on the 24th April at the CV Show at the NEC.
Invergold Associates Ltd. were invited to the launch as they are one of a few companies who have been approved to carry out the independent audits on a company’s transport systems to DVSA standards for the Earned Recognition scheme.
The initial on-site audit required by the DVSA acknowledges the operators’ ability to achieve consistently high levels of safety and legal compliance across their fleet.
In a statement posted on its website, DVSA said: “From today (31 January 2018), vehicle operators taking part in a pilot of the scheme will no longer have their vehicles routinely stopped at the roadside by DVSA inspectors.
“This will let DVSA target its inspections and roadside checks at drivers and vehicles most likely to be
a danger to your safety.”
If you get a place on the DVSA Earned Recognition scheme, you will:
- be an exemplary operator, and be able to prove this when you bid for certain contracts
- be less likely to have your vehicles stopped at the roadside for routine inspections
- be less likely to have DVSA enforcement staff visit your premises
- be able to use the DVSA earned recognition marque on your website and other publicity materials
(but not on your vehicles)
- be recognised as a DVSA-approved operator on a list on GOV.UK
- have direct access to a DVSA earned recognition business manager
Invergold Associates Ltd. are one of only 18 companies authorised by the DVSA to carry out the necessary audits for the Earned Recognition Scheme, and one of only 2 such companies covering the West Midlands region. To find out how we can help you to achieve Earned Recognition status, please ring one of our specialist consultants on: 0333 335 0074